Education Tax Credit
Distance Learning has increased education expenses for many families this year. A program I helped pass many years ago is still a great resource! Families can reduce their taxes by claiming the state tax credit or subtraction for education expenses on their 2020 state taxes. Save your receipts so you can claim it!
Expenses that qualify include:
- After-school tutoring
- School supplies and textbooks
- Rental or purchase of educational equipment such as musical instruments, calculators, etc.
- Computer hardware (hotspots, modems, and routers) and educational software (up to $200 for the subtraction and $200 for the credit)
- Educational summer camps taught by a qualified instructor
- Fees for internet service DO NOT qualify